Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's Our Mission

Our sweet new little D has been here for a week and a half now. He just fell into place here with no real adjusting. He came in taking great naps, sleeping through the night, and he eats well. He does have some anger issues, but who wouldn't considering all he has been through in his short 16 months of life. He gets frustrated easily and tends to bang his head on the floor or anything close when things don't go his way. We are glad he's here. Just like Le's arrival, D's arrival has been a God send and very healing to my broken heart.

God is doing some amazing things through our pain and teaching us to focus on His will and His timing. I have been seeking Him through prayer and reading His word and He is actually speaking to me through many verses. He has been calling me to rest in Him, to have faith, without doubt, and to lay down my arms and let Him fight for us.

After talking to many people about Le's story, we have come to believe that this battle we are fighting is not a flesh and blood battle, but a spiritual battle, that we are not equip to fight. We feel called to let God fight this battle. We are trusting that He will fight for us, for our family, and for Le. We feel that He spoke to us about Le's coming, about us adopting Le, and about us pulling out of the jury trial. We have stepped out in complete faith, asking Him to fight, and asking that He would have mercy on any misunderstandings. Having grace on us as we try to be obedient.

I must confess that as I began to see that He was calling us to pull out, I felt very scared and out of control. I asked over and over that He would make it very clear and give us His peace as we let go. He was faithful to deliver! As I called our lawyer to tell her that we were going to pull out of the intervention, I was washed over with peace and I can say that peace has remained.

God is so good and I am blessed to be serving Him. Fostering and adopting is our ministry...it's our mission field. My life feels so different now and through this trial He has shown me my true mission in life is to love on these children unconditionally, to help in building their trust in others as well as trusting Jesus as their Lord in the future. The needs and hurts of these children are too big to ignore. We must step out of our selfish lives and love on the needy. These children have done nothing wrong and deserve the same love, security, and peace our own children have been given. What is God calling you to sacrifice so you can find your mission?

No comments:

Post a Comment