Sunday, February 6, 2011

First Snow of 2011


La, our sweet snow angel!

Kait having fun at the park in the snow!

Yes...this is our sweet boy, Le! We only had warm girl clothes.

Josh starting to build his fort!

Jake starting his fort!

Le watching the snow from the warmth of the house!

Le's First snow!

Let me start by saying that I love snow days! We don't see many snow days here in Texas, but when we do things just seem to shut down. I will also say that we don't watch TV very much at our house, and if we do, it's dvd's or shows streamed from the internet. With that being said, I can honestly say that I hadn't had much warning about the winter storm to come. In fact, I had been wearing my flip flops the three days prior to being snowed in. I did go by Target and Sam's last Monday to pick up somethings that I thought we might need, but only supplies for a day or two. In fact, as I realized early Monday evening that we might actually be stuck inside, I called and asked David to pick up some milk. He evidently didn't think things would be bad either, because he only bought one gallon, where I usually buy three. As the night went on and the rain and sleet starting falling, we were all excited at the possibility of no school or work. We were excited to see the results upon waking. Who knew that, not only would school be canceled for Tuesday, but for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday as well? What a wonderful week it has been! The past 5 days, we have prayed together, ate together, played games together, played in the snow together, cleaned out closets together, and enjoyed one another. I love my little family and I cherish moments like these, when we can sit back and relish in each others company! I also forgot to mention that it was our littlest ones first snow, so that made it an extra special time!

No comments:

Post a Comment